Monday, December 27, 2010

Week 3 - One Week With

Welcome to One Week With . . . Scripture Plain Janes.  This week I am pulling away from my favorite and a staple in my card making endeavors - Papertrey Ink.  I am delighted to share with you another of my favorites.  Verve Stamps has a line of stamps that is called "Plain Jane".  In particular, I am enamored with the Faith Plain Jane series.  Plain Jane is the description because it only has a single stamp in the set.  They are the only company I know of that offer scripture as a regular release which I love.  The fonts are gorgeous, the scriptures are well chosen, and the overall look is amazing.  I hope you enjoy this week full of beautiful scriptures all from Verve.

Today I wanted to show the verses done on Mat Stacks from Papertrey Ink.  These little die cuts have such a great style to them, and I thought the Scriptures looked great stamped on them.

I used a Mat Stack 3 and turned it sideways.  I layered it with a Purple Marvy Scallop Circle Punch.  This has such fun layers!

Supplies - All Papertrey Ink Unless Noted:
Stamps: Isaiah 61:3 (Verve); Background Basics: Text Style
Paper: Spring Moss, Rustic White, Ripe Avocado
Ink: Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss
Other: Purple Scallop Punch (Marvy Uchida), Mat Stack 3 Die, Vintage Cream Felt, Beautiful Blooms Die, Ripe Avocado Button, Rustic Twine

 I rotated this Mat Stack Die as well.  I also used heat embossing so that the white would really stick out.

Supplies - All Papertrey Ink Unless Noted:
Stamps: 1 Thes 5:17 (Verve); Life, Larger than Life
Ink: VersaMark; Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss
Paper: Spring Moss, Stamper Select White
Other: Mat Stack 1 Die, Ripe Avocado Satin Dots Ribbon, Fillagree White Embossing Powder

I used the same Mat Stack turned but with a different verse.

Supplies - All Papertrey Ink Unless Noted:
Stamps: Psalm 121:1 (Verve); Polka Dot Basics II
Ink: Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss
Paper: Spring Moss, Stamper Select White
Other: Mat Stack 1, Simply Chartreuse Twill

December has been a blessed time for my family and I.  We had a great time celebrating the birth of Jesus our salvation.  Because of this great celebration, this edition of "One Week With . . . " may be shorter than usual.  Thank you for your understanding.  Your comments, thoughts, suggestion, and criticism are always welcome.

1 comment:

Jen Carter said...

These are great! I love Verve's Plain Janes too! I love how you used them on the Mat Stacks...perfect fit!! Great color scheme too!