Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Damask Designs - Day 2

Welcome to the second day!  I am so excited to show you a project that I made for my sister.  So let's get to it, shall we?

It all started with a card I made a couple of weeks ago.

-All Papertrey Ink unless noted-
Stamps: Damask Designs
Paper: Kraft, Vintage Cream
Ink: True Black, Smokey Shadow, Tea Dye Duo
Other: Vintage Cream Ribbon, Die Cut Letters (Cuttlebug), Chipboard (from stash)

I loved the results of this card; and when I was working on a blog hop for Taylored Expressions, I went back to this design.

Details can be found here

My sister went on and on about how much she liked this, how classic it was, how it would look good in Happy Birthday, and in her possession.  :)  So, I obliged.

And here was the result:

I was pleased with the outcome.  She was pleased.  I was pleased she was pleased.  Okay, you get the picture.  Here are some shots of a few of the cards:

Green is her favorite color.  This one is done in Ripe Avocado.

Done in Scarlet Jewel.

Done in Raspberry Fizz.

Somehow I didn't end up with shots of the Ocean Tides or True Black card.  But, you get the idea.  Which one is your favorite?  Would you have done a different color?  I always think it is fascinating to see what other people see.

Thanks for looking.  I had a blast making these and sharing them with the world.  :)

Card Set Details:
-All Papertrey Ink unless noted-

Stamps: Damask Designs, Fillable Frames #4
Paper: Kraft, Vintage Cream
Ink: Smokey Shadow, Tea Dye Duo, Raspberry Fizz, Ripe Avocado, Ocean Tides, True Black, Scarlet Jewel
Ribbon: Ocean Tides Satin, True Black Satin, Simply Chartreuse Bitty Dots, Scarlet Jewel Bitty Dots, Raspberry Fizz Satin
Other: Fillable Frames #4 Die

1 comment:

Jen Carter said...

These are all fantastic!! Love them! All the colors are so pretty! Can you believe I have never ordered this set? I NEED to do that...maybe I'll stick in my cart as a reminder, LOL!!!