Monday, November 29, 2010

Welcome to One Week with . . . Fly Away

I have to admit something.  Although I am absolutely in love with the adorable stamp set, Fly Away, I didn't ink it until starting projects for this week.  It is a super cute little set.  You can get it at Papertrey Ink for only $5!  I have a really hard time coming up with boy or masculine cards, so this was the biggest motivation for buying it.  Couple that with my insane infatuation of Up, Up, and Away (also by Papertrey Ink), and it was a must have.

For the next week, I am going to go into my little craft space and see what comes out.  So, without further ado . . . Fly Away . . .


This is by far my FAVORITE cards that I have made.  I don't know what it is - the colors, the pattern - but I love it.  I used the solid airplane stamp to create a patterned paper.  I was so happy with the outcome.  Do you like the little green around the Mat Stack 1?  I just doodled that on with a marker.  Easy peasy and only took about a minute to complete!  I just love small details like that on cards and am super shocked with how easy this came together.

I have another card to share that uses a similar technique.  I used the outline airplane this time to create a patterned paper for the background.  Oh, I just love this little set of stamps!


I cannot wait to give this card!   Like I said, I have a really hard time with masculine cards.  I thought this made a great male card with the colors, print, and sentiment.  I love it when things come together easily and without a fuss.  Do you know what I mean?  This card was super easy and could be done in different colors for different occasions.

Thanks for joining me on this very first day of One Week With . . . Fly Away.  I cannot wait to show you some of the other things that I have come up with and a few that have yet to be made.  *wink* I have already gotten my $5 worth just from these two cards.  I am so glad that I chose this set to showcase.  It really has grown into a favorite little set of mine.

Supplies Used - All Papertrey Ink unless noted:
Happy Birthday
Stamps: Happy Birthday (SillyLeAnn Designs 2.0),  Fly Away
Paper: Rustic White, Enchanted Evening
Ink: Enchanted Evening, Lemon Tart, Simply Chartreuse, and Hawaiian Shores
Other: Mat Stack 4 Die, Enchanted Evening Bitty Dots Ribbon, Spring Green ZIG Writer
World's Best Grandpa
Stamps: World's Best (Verve Stamps); Fillable Frames #4, Fly Away
Paper: Kraft
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Ripe Avocado, Scarlett Jewel
Other: Scarlet Jewel Buttons, Fillable Frames #4 Die, Rustic Twine

2 comments:

Becky said...

Ooh, I really like the outlined plane background card! It looks like a great masculine card. My fiancé was looking over my shoulder and he said that his grandpa would have loved it too (he loved planes, but passed away a few years ago).

I never think to use focal images like that as backgrounds, thanks for the inspiration!

Jen Carter said...

I loved the first card! It is so fun to see all those airplanes in different colors flying across the page! And, then I scrolled down. Love the 2nd card too!! Same idea but totally different look! Super, super cute! I have got to remember these ideas! Great job!