Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Damask Designs - Day 3

It is already DAY 3!!!  This is certainly going very fast.  I am excited to show you a fun little gift idea.  So, enough chat . . . let's get to it.

I used Papertrey Ink's Favor It #2 die to make the little bag.  It is made from Ocean Tides cardstock and stamped with coordinating colors of Aqua Mist and Vintage Cream.

The Favor It #2 Die is super easy to cut very quickly!  It takes a single piece of cardstock and you cut two for each little bag.  I choose Ocean Tides for this project.


Next, I used Vintage Cream ink to stamp the damask background stamps across both die cuts.  I then stamped the sides so that the bag would look more fluid.  When the bag is fully assembled, the damask pattern is solid around the entire bag.  Then, I folded all the score lines and added scor-tape to the sides and the bottom.  (Well, technically I use an off brand of adhesive tape, but it gets the job done.)


Here is a look at the bare assembled bag.

I cut some tissue paper down to size to fit perfectly in my bag.  I stamped around the edges with Aqua Mist and the background damask.  I used a single larger damask to stamp the corners of the tissue with Ocean Tides.  I die cut and stamped the tag using Fillable Frames #9.  I used the next to smallest damask in Aqua Mist to adorn the background of the tag.  Add some Aqua Mist and Vintage Cream Ribbon and attach the tag with Rustic Twine and the gift bag is complete.
Such a fun bag!  I just love how pretty and elegant the damask is for a gift like this.  I could use it for so many things and a variety of ages depending on the color palette.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Supplies used are Papertrey Ink unless noted:
Stamps: Damask Designs, Fillable Frames #9
Paper: Ocean Tides, Aqua Mist, Vintage Cream
Ink: Vintage Cream, Aqua Mist, Ocean Tides
Other: Favor It #2 Die, Fillable Frames #9 Die, Ocean Tides and Vintage Cream Ribbon, Rustic Twine

5 comments:

Liz said...

This is fabulous! I especially love that you did the reverse colors on the tissue paper :)

Jen Carter said...

This is gorgeous!! I love the damask and the stamping on the tissue paper too! Cute, cute!

Linda said...

This is lovely. And what a great idea to spend a week showcasing an individual set!

Monica K. said...

Beautiful work! Love the damask on the favor box. It's very elegant! :)

Nadine said...

Leann this is fabulous!!! So elegant, I could see this used for wedding favors!