Monday, November 1, 2010

Welcome to the Very First One Week With . . .

I have decided to start a new series called "One Week With . . ."  Each month I will choose a different stamp set to highlight.  It is my desire to showcase some of my favorite stamps or perhaps products.  So, why a whole new blog?  I am a compartmentalizer.  :)  It really is as simple as that.

So, welcome to the very first "One Week With . . .

Damask Designs!

Damask Designs is a staple for me.  I love all the backgrounds and beauty that this stamp set will make.  I don't pretend to be the best designer, but I would love for you to follow me around as I highlight one of my all time favorite stamp sets - Damask Designs.

Here is a look at my much loved stamp set taken in my little bitty craft studio.
You will notice all the gorgeous single and pattern making images with several beautiful sentiments.  My background making stamp is stained from all the use of it combined with PTI's Tea Dye Duo.  Another favorite part about this set is the tiny little damasks that I use on tags and behind sentiments.  One of my absolute favorite things to do with this set is to heat emboss pattern paper with it.  Let me share a new card that I made using this very technique.

-All Papertrey Ink unless noted-
Stamps: Damask Designs, Just the Ticket
Paper: Smokey Shadow, Rustic White
Ink: VersaMark, Smokey Shadow, True Black
Other: Limitless Layers #1 Dies, Vintage Cream Ribbon, Clear Embossing Powder (Ranger)

I made another card using this same technique a little while back and it was shared on my blog.

Details can be found here

Thank you for joining me on the inaugural day of "One Week With . . ."  I look forward to sharing a few more cards and perhaps a non-card item as well throughout the week.  I hope you will come back.

Damask Designs is available at Papertrey Ink.  I am in no way affiliated with them except for the restraining order from stalking their web page so much.  Ok, I am totally joking about the second part, but I am a HUGE Papertrey Ink fan and most of my stamp picks will be Papertrey Ink.

1 comment:

Jen Carter said...

These are both gorgeous!! Your new black one is so elegant! Love them!

Have you ever been to a Pampered Chef party and they tell you that their stones will get brown with use and that they are "seasoned" and that is suppose to give the food more flavor? Well, I'd say that you could say the same about stamps! It looks like you have a well seasoned stamp set!! :)